Monday, December 21, 2009

#8...Hot off the press! Hail Mary Mallon - "D Up"




At the beginning of the night, I was dead set on spinning some records, eating some pizza, and cleaning up the apartment a little. Well, 2 out of those 3 things got done, take a wild guess which was the activity that got thrown to the wayside. Upon checking my facebook posts, I noticed my friend Todd had posted a link to a track that Aesop Rock had recently done with Def Jux label mates Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz. The project is called "Hail Mary Mallon" ...this track SLAYS. It can be found on the new Definitive Jux presents #4 sampler that came out in September. I'd really like to hear this whole comp, as the Def Jux catalog is second to none-the only other underground hip hop label that comes close would be Minneapolis' RHYMESAYERS label. Looking forward to hearing the rest of this comp-Hopefully HMM will at the very least release an EP.

-Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment